Saturday, June 26, 2010
Q : It is better for me to have a blog or a website?
A: Ultimately, both - for each serves a different purpose to the consumer.
In the last couple weeks since our new website went live I have come to understand how very true this is. I can't speak, for you - the consumer, but I can say that I LOVE the new site for many reasons.
Let me list them for you:
1. I love the way that the facts you want to stay put - do.
2. I love that I can create picture galleries!
3. I LOVE that there are menu tabs allowing you to navigate the information at your own rate.
4. I really love that every time you go to the site a different picture in the slideshow greets you.
But, most of all, I love that it is the 'grown up' version of this blog. The go-to place when you have any questions farm or CSA related.
That said, I am quite fond of the blog too because this is where I get to use my farmer's wife snarky side telling stories of a purple-thumbed gal navigating foreign soil!
All of which is a long winded (did you catch that about me yet?) way of saying that the blog will remain a place for me to tell tales of veggie woeness, silly stories of harvesting, share more recipies that didn't make THE one of the month, etc.
BUT, for any 'grown up', read: business aspect information - please try the website first.
http://www.littlevillagefarm.com/ It's where we live now.
Oh - and a HUGE shout out to my good friend Ken Saccardo, owner of Spring River Enterprises in Ludlow, Vermont. Not only did he design the site for us, but he endured side-by-side content design with me and successfully taught me nearly enough to maintain the site on my own!
Friday, June 11, 2010
We will have coloring contest sheets for the kids and early vegetable recepies for the adults!
Rain or shine (for gardens like them both) we will be here!
Hoping to see many of you shareholders...
Sunday, May 30, 2010
We hope you are having a wonderful Spring (Summer)!
It's time for a few updates:
- Our new website is in the planning stages. Ken Saccaro, from Spring River Enterprises in Ludlow, is designing it for us. Very soon you will be able to access it and the first of many newsletters online!
- This blog will not disapear. It's function will become more newsbased, however, so check back here for working shareholder information and more!
- The garden is growing nicely! This weather sure does make things pop! First harvest date is not set yet.
You are cordially Invited to Little Village Farm's OPEN HOUSE! Please stop by anytime between 11am and 3pm on Saturday June 12th for a garden tour and complimentary barbeque! We have been working hard to make the garden clean, organized and user friendly for all you working shareholders!
We hope to see many of you there and feel free to bring a friend! THERE ARE ONLY 4 SHARES LEFT and we anticipate them going quickly.
Friday, May 28, 2010
FIRST ONE OF THE SEASON. STOP BY AND SEE US.
- COLORING SHEETS FOR THE KIDS
- TAKE HOME INFO FOR INTERESTED SHAREHOLDERS (ONLY 4 SHARES LEFT!)
- INVITATION TO OUR BIG OPEN HOUSE ON JUNE 12TH!
HOPE TO SEE YOU ON THE GREEN AT OKEMO MOUNTAIN SCHOOL.
Saturday, May 22, 2010
The bee hive has been prepped. Two swarms will be arriving on Friday, the 28th. POLLENATION HERE WE COME!
The chickens have been producing like crazy! They like them some nice warm weather too. Want eggs? Come and get 'em!
An electric fence runs the perimeter, keeping out the critters and keeping our crops safe! Man- but digging the holes for all those posts gets me tired just thinking about it!!
All the plants are in and rows are clearly marked. Our former-'back yard' is really beginning to look like a sweet little village farm!